Time & Location
Oct 28, 2023, 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Montréal, 4422 Av. de l'Esplanade, Montréal, QC H2W 2N4, Canada
About the event
Join us for a special Mont Royal urban hike, in collaboration with Plateau Astro. On this memorable night, your kids will have the chance to embark on an urban adventure like no other as they explore the magnificent full moon atop Mont Royal. But that's not all – they'll also discover the wonders of compass direction by following the Moonrise, gain insights into the different phases of the Moon, and even have the opportunity to peer at the Moon, Jupiter, and Saturn through a telescope.
- Learn to use the free Stellarium Mobile astronomy app for Android / iPhone
- Learn about compass direction with the direction of the Moonrise
- Learn about the phases of the Moon
- See the Moon, Jupiter, and Saturn with the telescope
- Take a photo of the Moon with your phone on the telescope
While this event is free to participate in, please note that there will be a charge upon registration. However, this amount will be fully reimbursed to all confirmed participants upon their arrival at the event. It is essential to understand that no shows or cancellations will not be eligible for a refund. We encourage all registered individuals to honor their commitment, as this will allow others on the waiting list to take part in this exciting event.
- Guide/Lead (Official Hike Mtl guide)
- Plateau Astro educational workshopà
VALUE OF $25.00/ Person
****YOUR PRICE FREE$****
4:15 PM: Meet at Jeanne-Mance Park
4:20 - 4:35 PM: introduction to astronomy apps, explain Moonrise
4:35 - 5:25 PM: hike up Mount Royal (hike usually takes 30 minutes with adults, so this adds 15 extra minutes)
5:39 PM: Moonrise
5:47 PM: Sunset
6:18 PM: sky gets dark and stars being appearing
*PLEASE BE MINDFUL THAT WE ARE A GROUP WAITING, THEREFORE PLEASE BE ON TIME AS WE WILL START
What to Bring:
- 2L Water
- Healthy snack, easy to eat while walking (granola bar, fruit etc.)
- Feel free to pack your supper and dine at the mountain top
- Wear stretchy and comfortable clothing
- Boots or runners with good ankle support
***Keep in mind were hiking in altitude which tends to drop in temperature. Dress in layers.
Kids Hike$25.00Tax: +$3.74 TPS/TVQ+$0.72 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out